Second-Hand Uniform and Textbook Trading
Comet Bay College is pleased to introduce a new online service which enables families to buy and sell second-hand textbooks, uniform items and other student resources.
Sustainable School Shop is easy to use, and enables families to trade with not only the Comet Bay College community, but also with other school communities, since many other schools have also joined the service.
Please see the Sustainable School Shop User Guide for more information. Or visit the Sustainable School Shop website: www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au
For the best results:
- Register on the Sustainable School Shop website and nominate the school
- A subscription to the service will be provided to you
- List your items for sale
- List wanted ads for those items you are looking to buy
- The school’s uniform and book lists are loaded into the system to make listing ads easy
- The system matches the ads of buyers with sellers and notifies the buyer via email
- Buyers contact sellers and arrange where and when to trade
- Most trading will occur with other parents from our school
- Parents are well supported via Sustainable School Shop’s telephone 0438 743 444 and email help lines
- The system is simple and easy to use – If you don’t have a computer, internet access or an email address, please call the Sustainable School Shop for assistance
- You can pre-arrange the transaction and then trade after the texts are not required.
ALL enquiries are to be directed to the Sustainable School Shop on 0438 743 444, alternatively, help is available directly from their website (‘Contact Us’). The college is unable to provide assistance with enquiries relating to the Sustainable School Shop.
The college is providing this service so there is no cost for families. Each family that registers on the Sustainable School Shop will be given a subscription.
We are very excited about this new initiative and we hope you will make the most of this opportunity and gain the benefit from recycling your children’s school items, while at the same time helping another family within our school community.