2017 Important Dates to Note
Monday 30 January 2017 School Development Day (No Student Attendance)
Tuesday 31 January 2017 School Development Day (No Student Attendance)
Wednesday 1 February 2017 STUDENTS RETURN TO SCHOOL
Monday 24 April 2017 School Development Day (No Student Attendance)
Tuesday 25 April 2017 Closed Public Holiday (ANZAC Day)
Monday 5 June 2017 Closed Public Holiday (Western Australia Day)
Monday 17 July 2017 School Development Day (No Student Attendance)
Tuesday 18 July 2017 School Development Day (No Student Attendance)
Friday 15 December 2017 School Development Day (No Student Attendance)
Comet Bay College Uniform Shop
Regular Trading Hours (During School Terms)
Tuesday 8.00 am – 11.30 am
Thursday 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm
In addition to visiting the Comet Bay College Uniform Shop and placing your uniform order in person, Matrix Uniforms (supplier of Comet Bay College Uniforms) now offers the convenience of online ordering.
Please visit the Matrix Uniforms website via the links below:
Uniform Shop Online ordering
Uniform Shop general website
Uniform Shop general information and contact details
Preferred Payment Methods
We currently accept the following methods of payment for all Contributions and Charges
Direct Deposit (via internet banking)
Transfer funds from your nominated Internet Banking account, College bank account details as follows:
Account Name: Comet Bay College
Bank: Bendigo Bank
BSB No: 633 000 Account No: 1243 40886
Reference: STUDENT’S FULL NAME
Please visit Administration between 8.00am and 4.00pm MON – FRI
Facilities are available at reception for your convenience
Credit Card Authorisation
Contact Billing Officer on 08 9553 8108 to arrange Credit Card payment
Microsoft Office for Students
The Department of Education has made available to all students the opportunity to access licensed versions of the full Microsoft Office software suite.
This software can be downloaded at home or via other private networks and installed on up to 10 devices (five PC/Mac and five tablet/smartphone installs).
Visit the Office 365 link at the top left of the student email screen to start the installation. Further information and installation instructions are available online: Install Office on your PC or Mac with Office 365 for business.
Further information about Office 365 ProPlus is available from the Microsoft website.
Please note: Students will need to use a non-Departmental internet service as this software download is blocked on the Department network to preserve bandwidth and protect essential services.
ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF STUDENT FORMAL REPORTS
Comet Bay College will continue to email the following student reports to Parent/Guardians from 2017 onward within the last week of the respective Term;
- Term One Progress Report (release: from 4 April 2017)
- Semester One Formal Report (release: from 27 June 2017)
- Semester Two Formal Report (release: from 12 December 2017)
We wish to notify all Parent/Guardians that reports will also be available to view on the Parent Connect portal once released.
If you do not receive your child’s report via this method, please do not hesitate to contact the college on 9553 8100 to update your contact details.
2017 Contributions and Charges payment timeline
Voluntary Contributions assist the college with the purchase of essential materials, services and facilities used by all students in the delivery of the compulsory educational program. The level of parent support makes a significant contribution to the enrichment of learning experiences for ALL students. We thank you in anticipation of your continued support in paying this component of your account.
As per the Comet Bay College 2017 Contributions and Charges Handbook, a DEPOSIT of 50% of the total cost of the student Elective Courses was required by FRIDAY 27 JANUARY 2017.
The total cost being PAID IN FULL by 30 June 2017. (Elective Courses are those that your child chooses to enrol in as part of the Course Selection Process).
PAYMENT OF COMPULSORY CHARGES
Payment of these is compulsory. Please be aware of the following process undertaken by the college with respect to UNPAID COMPULSORY CHARGES:
1. Three (3) account statements only are sent to parents prior to 1 July 2017.
2. Where payment IN FULL is still not made by FRIDAY, 30 JUNE 2017, a debt collection agency is engaged without further notice to pursue recovery of Compulsory Charges directly from the contact flagged as the ‘Fees Biller’ on the relevant student record held by the college.
3. Outstanding charges are rolled over to the student’s record in the following year where applicable.
4. Where parents with outstanding Compulsory Charges have failed to arrange and/or commit to a payment plan, the student may be removed from their chosen Elective course/s and be placed in a course that satisfies the requirements of the Curriculum Framework. Or, in the case where the unpaid Compulsory Charges cover the cost of materials for practical classes, the student will not be able to participate in the practical lessons and will have to complete theory work.
If you have not recently received an account statement, please contact our Billing Officer on 9553 8108 or via email: Tina.Brown@education.wa.edu.au