Education Perfect Science Championship

During August the Science Department trialled a new ICT resource for the students to learn the Science curriculum in a fun and exciting way.

During science week the students entered the Science championships and competed with schools nationally and world wide. Overall Comet Bay College science ranked 188th out of 876 schools world wide and 19th out of 89 schools in WA. A few groups of year 7’s and 8’s entered and three students will be awarded certificates by Education Perfect for their dedication and achievement. The students tested their skills in a variety of topics and were able to choose topics that interested them the most. A big thanks goes out to the ICT Department for providing the Education Perfect application on the school ipads. The students receiving certificates are Connor O’Callaghan with 718 points, Jayden Clear with 670 points and Lucas Martin with 500 points.

Participating students were able to leave feedback to the teacher and the organising company. Some of the feedback included:

• “Education perfect helps me remember what I’m learning” – Aimee Clark
  • “I love how helpful it great for revision” – Jordon Fletcher
  • “Good revison for the test :)” – Hailee Lannary
  • “Id like to continue using this because it helps me to understand things very well.” – Daisy Bremner
  • “ITS GREAT AND HELPFUL FOR REVISION” – Calvin Havili
  • “Helped me out since I have a test coming up and needed revision to help me out” – Bailey Padgett
  • “a ton of fun ways to learn difficult information” – Brianna Hyde
  • “it was great it helped me learn more about solid liquids and gases” – Cora Inglis-Jones

This was a free initial trial for the school and the Science Department is now looking into ways of funding this new application in the future.